So, my last day in Blacksburg was yesterday and it was a good day. Busy with a teleconference at work and such, and then saying my “goodbyes” to people. My favorite response to me heading out for this trip was “Dammnnnn” and was appopriately by Chris E, as well as “Don’t get eaten by grizzlies!” from others. It was nice getting good luck wishes (thank you for them!), to chat with people for a few before leaving town, and to reflect on all the friendships I’ve made in Blacksburg.
On the drive back I started reflecting some about life in general. In my mind I pictured the path I was driving on the road as like one of those measuring tapes that retract themselves. (I know, my mind is strange) I was getting pulled closer and closer to home, and farther from my 7 years of Blacksburg college/working life. I looked out the window and saw a pretty sunset, and was just thinking about how thankful I am for life being as good as it is.
- Finacially stable (til near the end of my trip) but then I will be working again for the same great company when I get back!
- Got a great family
- Got a great girl
- Leaving for one of those trips that people always say they’ll do, but only few follow through with in 8 days
- Got my pilots license in the past two weeks
- A camping trip with TONS of friends this weekend
- The mindset to keep looking forward and up
Just to show off how awesome my momma is… she sent me an e-card today and the note said:
just bum a quarter and call their families to come get them
and take them home. I hope your entire life stays cozy.”