This waterfall is roadside on SC-276, about 45 minutes from Greenville, SC.
Flying Solo: Day 2
Yeah… so not as awesome as day one. Started out with 3 Take Off and Landings (TO&Ls) with Cecil and my 3rd was a good pattern and a good landing. He asked if I wanted to try solo and I didn’t want to pass up the opportunity.
It stinks that there is construction currently and you have to back-taxi down the runway. This caused me to have to back taxi before every takeoff.
I made it back in one piece after each of my 3 solo TO&Ls, but it wasn’t very smooth.
- My patterns weren’t consistent,
- I had a big jump in altitude in one of them (150ft),
- I ran up some higher RPMs when I wasn’t trusting the numbers when turning base to final,
- There was some choppy air and peak gusts at 7,
- My last landing dolphined a bit and bounced a little (Lee and Rachel from the flying club were watching this last landing which was kind of embarassing).
Anyways, I was happy I got that experience, but I will focus on trusting the numbers, and flying smoothly the next time up. If the weather is good, We’ll be heading over to KPSK and he might let me do some TO&Ls there.
UPDATE: Here’s the track I took.
View Larger Map